While you could attempt a cheesecake filling with vegan cream cheese or tofu, I start with my fave creamy plant-based ingredient of all time: soaked cashews. This is the most commonly used base for vegan no-bake cheesecake.
What You’ll Need
Scroll down to the recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
For the gluten-free nut crust:
- Medjool dates – These help hold the crust together, but they also add a caramel-like flavor.
For the no-bake cheesecake filling:
- Raw cashews – Let these soak in filtered water for at least 4 hours.
- Coconut oil
- Almond milk – Waterworks, too.
- Lime juice
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla powder – Or use vanilla extract.
- Raspberry chia jam – I used my homemade raspberry chia jam, but you could substitute store-bought jam if you’re in a time crunch. The raspberry chia jam adds a bit of tartness to balance the cheesecake, so I recommend buying a jam that’s not overly sweet.
- Chocolate chips – Be sure to use plant-based chocolate chips if you’re vegan!